Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yields 2 Servings
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup granulated Swerve
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, plus more for serving
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Sugar-free maple syrup, for serving
1. Preheat waffle iron to high.
2. In a large bowl, whisk almond flour, stevia, baking powder, and salt until combined.
3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and almond butter, stirring every 15 seconds.
4. Stir melted butter mixture into dry ingredients until combined, then stir in yolks and vanilla.
5. In another large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold whites into the batter until just combined.
6. Grease waffle iron with cooking spray then pour half of the batter into the waffle iron and cook until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
7. Remove to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
8. Top with a pat of butter and maple syrup.
Rege, L. (2018, December 2). Almond Flour Keto Waffles. Retrieved from Delish: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25337108/keto-waffles-recipe/