Yields 4 Servings
(General Tso Tofu with Cashews , n.d.)
- 2 blocks of extra firm tofu (350g each), drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-calorie maple syrup
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 green onion, chopped for garnish if desired
1. Cut the well-drained tofu into bite-size pieces and place it into a zipper plastic bag with the cornstarch.
2. Close the zipper and shake the bag to coat all the tofu pieces evenly.
3. Heat one tablespoon oil in a nonstick pan and add in the tofu. Stir fry and toss the tofu until nicely browned and crispy.
4. Add sauce ingredients and toss until coated and the sauce becomes sticky. Add in cashews to heat through. Serve hot and garnish with green onions if desired.
General Tso Tofu with Cashews . (n.d.). Retrieved from Simply Beautiful Eating: https://simplybeautifuleating.com/2018/03/21/general-tso-tofu-with-cashews/