Updated: Feb 12
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Yields 2 Servings
(Spicy Almond Tofu, n.d.)
- 1 Package Tofu Firm or Extra Firm
- ⅛ Cup almonds, raw
- 2 Tbsp liquid aminos
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp Chili Flakes
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds ¾ for cooking, ¼ for topping
- 2 tbsp Green Chili Sauce We use Green Dragon from Trader Joes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
1. Press the tofu. Wrap tofu in paper towel and place on a flat plate. Place a pan/skillet on top of the wrapped tofu in order to apply pressure and force out the moisture.
2. Dice the tofu into 1-inch cubes and slice the almonds.
3. Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a skillet over high heat.
4. When the oil is up to temperature add the tofu cubes. Allow the tofu to cook on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
5. Add the almonds to the pan when the tofu is nearly completely crispy. Allow the almonds to cook on high for 1-2 minutes with the tofu.
6. Add all of the spices, along with 3/4 of the sesame seeds. (save 1/4 for plating)
7. Add 2 tbsp of water along with the soy sauce. (If you add the soy sauce on it's own it may burn in the hot pan)
8. Allow the spice blend and soy sauce to reduce all the way down until no liquid remains. You should be left with tofu/almonds that are coated with the spice blend.
9. Optional: 30 seconds before removing from the stove add in your favorite hot sauce. Any sauce will do. Some other options are Chili Garlic Paste or traditional Tabasco sauce.
10. Serve over steamed broccoli. Top with the remaining sesame seeds and additional chopped almonds if desired. Drizzle with 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
Spicy Almond Tofu. (n.d.). Retrieved from Keto Connect: https://www.ketoconnect.net/almond-tofu/