Updated: Feb 4, 2020
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Yields 4 Servings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided (or ghee, or olive oil)
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, minced
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock or veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of your choice
- 2 cups chopped spinach (or baby spinach)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or (coconut cream)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Optional: Crushed red chili pepper flakes
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In a bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Add shrimp to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink, about 2-3 minutes; then set aside in a shallow plate.
4. Add onion and garlic to the same skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add sundried tomato and continue cooking for one minute.
6. Stir in chicken stock and hot sauce to deglaze. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
8. Add spinach, then heavy whipping cream and give a quick stir to combine. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
9. Stir in shrimp back to the pan and gently toss to combine with the creamy garlic spinach sauce.