Updated: Feb 4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Yields 4 Servings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided (or ghee, or olive oil)
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, minced
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock or veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of your choice
- 2 cups chopped spinach (or baby spinach)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or (coconut cream)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Optional: Crushed red chili pepper flakes
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In a bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Add shrimp to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink, about 2-3 minutes; then set aside in a shallow plate.
4. Add onion and garlic to the same skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add sundried tomato and continue cooking for one minute.
6. Stir in chicken stock and hot sauce to deglaze. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
8. Add spinach, then heavy whipping cream and give a quick stir to combine. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
9. Stir in shrimp back to the pan and gently toss to combine with the creamy garlic spinach sauce.
10. Reheat for 1 minute, then serve the creamy garlic spinach shrimp immediately, garnished with chili pepper flakes and fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
11. If you’re super hungry, serve over pasta, rice, cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles. Enjoy!
Cherrier, C. (2020, January 2). 10-Minute Creamy Garlic Spinach Shrimp. Retrieved from Eat Well 101: https://www.eatwell101.com/creamy-garlic-spinach-shrimp-recipe