Updated: Jan 7
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Yields 4 Servings
- Cooking spray
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ cup grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ small red onion, finely diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 large heads butterhead or romaine lettuce
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Meanwhile, make shrimp salad: Grease a large skillet over medium heat with cooking spray. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink and no longer opaque, 2 minutes per side. Set aside and let cool.
2. Make the marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, basil, vinegar, oil, and paprika and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, stir together tomatoes, onion, avocados, and basil. Fold in shrimp. Pour marinade over shrimp salad and toss until coated.
4. Store shrimp salad in the fridge in a resealable container. Serve in lettuce cups when ready to eat.
Smith, I. (2018, December 18). Basil Avocado Shrimp Salad Wraps & Sweet Potato Chips. Retrieved from delish: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25564220/avocado-shrimp-salad-lettuce-wraps-recipe/