Updated: Jan 7
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 (15-oz) jar marinara
- 4 bell peppers, cored and halved
- 4 slices mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, egg, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix until just combined and form into 16 balls.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until seared on all sides, about 10 minutes.
3. Add marinara sauce to the skillet and toss to combine. Cover skillet with a lid and simmer until meatballs have cooked through completely, about 10 minutes more.
4. Place bell peppers cut side up on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Top 4 halves with mozzarella slices. Bake until cheese has melted and bell peppers are just warmed through.
5. Add meatballs on top of the bell pepper halves with cheese and sprinkle with more Parmesan, if using. Place remaining bell pepper halves on top and serve.
Miyashiro, L. (2018, March 1). Bell Pepper Meatball Subs. Retrieved from Delish: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a58297/bell-pepper-meatball-subs-recipe/?src=socialflowFBDEL&utm_campaign=socialflowFBDEL&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social-media