Updated: Feb 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 ¼ lb lean ground beef
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon crumbled beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- 4 cheese slices (cheddar, mozzarella, provolone…)
- 2+2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon slices, for garnish
- Optional: Crushed red chili pepper flakes
1. Add ground beef to a medium bowl, breaking it up as you do. Sprinkle with steak seasoning, red chili pepper flakes, fresh cracked black pepper, half of the minced garlic, bouillon cube, and parsley. Mix with a fork or by hand until the ingredients are just combined.
2. Divide the seasoned ground beef into 8 even portions and form into round patties (you can use a ring mold).
3. Top half of the beef patties with a slice of cheese. Arrange another beef puck on top to make the “sandwich”.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the beef patties 5 to 6 minutes on each side, depending on the desired doneness. While cooking, baste the beef with the mix of butter and juices. Remove to a clean plate and set aside.
5. In the same skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter; then add remaining garlic, lemon juice, hot sauce, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
6. Stir in the fresh parsley, then add the zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes to cook it up. Allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini renders too much water.
7. Push zucchini on one side of the skillet and add the beef patties back to the pan and reheat for a minute or two.
8. Serve the cheesy garlic burgers with lemon butter zucchini noodles immediately with a lemon slice on the side. Enjoy!
Cherrier, C. (2018, May 2). Cheesy Garlic Burgers with Lemon Butter Zucchini Noodles. Retrieved from Eat Well 101: https://www.eatwell101.com/cheesy-garlic-burgers-with-lemon-butter-zucchini-noodles