Updated: Feb 4
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yields 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 ½ cups snap peas
- 1¼ cups boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, plus more for finishing
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for finishing
1. In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the scallions and garlic, and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and snap peas, and sauté until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and cook until it is golden and fully cooked and the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha (if using) and sesame seeds; toss well to combine. Allow the mixture to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the cilantro, then garnish with a sprinkle of extra cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
McDowel, E. (n.d.). Chicken and Snap Pea Stir-Fry. Retrieved from Pure Wow: https://www.purewow.com/recipes/chicken-snap-pea-stir-fry-recipe