Updated: Feb 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Yields 4 Servings
- 6 medium cloves garlic
- kosher salt
- 1 ½ lb. skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 oz. unsalted butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Peel the garlic cloves and smash them with the side of a chef’s knife. Sprinkle the garlic lightly with salt and mince it.
2. Pat the steak dry and season generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
3. In a heavy-duty 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering hot. Add the steak and brown well on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
4. Transfer the steak to a plate and let rest while you make the garlic butter.
5. In an 8-inch skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, swirling the pan frequently, until lightly golden, about 4 minutes. Lightly salt to taste.
6. Slice the steak, if you like, and transfer to 4 plates. Spoon the garlic butter over the steak, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve.
Bee. (n.d.). Garlic Butter Brazilian Steak. Retrieved from Rasa Malaysia: https://rasamalaysia.com/garlic-butter-brazilian-steak/