Updated: Jan 7
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yields 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¾ cup red enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1– 4 oz can diced green chiles
Toppings (feel free to customize)
- 1 whole avocado, diced
1 cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
1. In a pot or dutch oven over medium heat melt the coconut oil. Once hot, sear chicken thighs until lightly brown.
2. Pour in enchilada sauce and water then add onion and green chiles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook chicken for 17-25 minutes or until chicken is tender and fully cooked through to at least 165 degrees internal temperature.
3. Carefully remove the chicken and place onto a work surface. Chop or shred chicken (your preference) then add it back into the pot.
4. Let the chicken simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes to absorb flavor and allow the sauce to reduce a little.
5. To Serve, top with avocado, cheese, jalapeno, sour cream, tomato, and any other desired toppings. Feel free to customize these to your preference.
6. Serve alone or over cauliflower rice if desired just be sure to update your personal nutrition info as needed.
Sam. (2017, April 19). Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl. Retrieved from Hey Keto Mama: https://www.heyketomama.com/keto-chicken-enchilada-bowl/