Updated: Jan 7
Yields 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more if you like it hotter)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb mini peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- Other toppings as desired (sour cream, olives, chopped jalapeño, avocado, etc.)
1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef until just cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes, breaking up any clumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Add spice mixture and sauté until well combined. Remove from heat.
3. Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
4. Arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up but very close together.
5. Sprinkle with ground beef mixture and shredded cheese (make sure every mini pepper gets a little meat and cheese!). Bake 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melty.
6. Remove from oven and top with chopped tomatoes and any other desired toppings. Serve immediately.
Ketchum, C. (2015, September 4). Mini Pepper Nachos. Retrieved from A Sweet Life: https://asweetlife.org/mini-pepper-nachos/