Updated: Jan 7
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Yields 8 Skewers
(Spicy Shrimp and Sausage Skewers , 2015)
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 small hot red chili pepper seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 package Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage
- 1 ½ lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
1. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for ½ an hour (you will need 8 skewers).
2. Preheat grill to medium-high
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, chili pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
4. Cut each sausage into 8 even slices. Thread one slice of sausage onto a skewer, cut-side facing out. Thread a shrimp onto skewer so it curls around the sausage. Repeat with 3 more sausage slices and 3 more shrimp per skewer.
5. Brush both sides of each skewer with the butter mixture. Grill until shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
6. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Spicy Shrimp and Sausage Skewers . (2015, August 17). Retrieved from All Day I Dream About Food: https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-spicy-shrimp-and-sausage-skewers