Updated: Jan 7
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Overall Time: 15 Minutes
Yields 6 Servings
- 1 ½ lb. chicken breasts 6 4oz. portions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup artichoke hearts thinly sliced
- ¼ cup frozen spinach drained, and tightly packed
- ½ tsp. salt divided
- ¼ tsp. pepper divided
1. Pound chicken breast to 1-inch thick.
2. Using a sharp knife cut each chicken breast down the middle, being careful not to cut all the way through, to make a pocket for the spinach artichoke filling.
3. Sprinkle chicken breasts with ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
4. In a medium-sized bowl combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, drained spinach, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Carefully fill each chicken breast with equal amounts of the spinach artichoke filling. If you have extra filling, set it aside until the chicken is almost done cooking.
6. In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and stuffed chicken breasts. Cover skillet and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.
7. During the last few minutes of cooking, add additional filling to the skillet to heat it up.
8. Serve chicken with cauliflower rice, regular rice, or mashed cauliflower, and enjoy!
London. (n.d.). Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast. Retrieved from Evovling Table: https://www.evolvingtable.com/spinach-artichoke-stuffed-chicken-breasts/#wprm-recipe-container-7888