Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 20 Minutes
Yields 6 Servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 150 g watercress
- 200 g fresh spinach or frozen spinach
- 1-liter vegetable stock or bone broth or chicken stock
- 1 cup cream or coconut milk + 6 tbsp for garnish
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: fresh herbs such as parsley or chives for garnish
1. Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic. Place in a soup pot or a Dutch oven greased with ghee and cook over medium-high heat until slightly browned. Wash the spinach and watercress and set aside.
2. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place in the pot with browned onion. Add crumbled bay leaf. Cook for about 5 minutes and mix frequently.
3. Add the spinach and watercress and cook until wilted for just about 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cook until the cauliflower is crisp-tender and pour in the cream (or coconut milk).
5. Season with salt and pepper. Take off the heat and using a hand blender, pulse until smooth and creamy.
6. Serve immediately or chill and keep refrigerated for up to 5 days. Freeze for longer.
7. Just before serving, drizzle some cream on top. Enjoy!
Slajerova, M. (2017, October 29). SuperFood Keto Soup. Retrieved from Keto Diet: https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/superfood-keto-soup