Updated: Feb 4, 2020
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 3 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 ⅓ cup red enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
2. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and season with salt. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add chicken and 1 cup of enchilada sauce and stir until coated.
5. On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to peel thin slices of zucchini.
6. Lay out 3 slices, slightly overlapping, and top with a spoonful of chicken mixture.
7. Roll up and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
8. Spoon remaining cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and top with both kinds of cheese.
9. Bake until cheese is melty and enchiladas are warmed through, 20 minutes.
10. Top with sour cream and cilantro before serving.
Funston, L. (2017, March 10). Zucchini Enchiladas. Retrieved from Delish : https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a51783/zucchini-enchiladas-recipe/