Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Yields 3-4 Servings
- 2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- 2 cup shredded Cheddar
1. Squeeze excess moisture out of zucchini with a clean kitchen towel.
2. In a medium bowl, combine zucchini with egg, Parmesan, green onions and cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large skillet, pour enough vegetable oil to layer the bottom of the pan.
4. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the zucchini mixture onto one side of the pan and shape it into a small square. Repeat to form another patty on the other side.
5. Cook until lightly golden on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
6. Remove from heat to drain on paper towels and repeat with the remaining zucchini mixture. Wipe skillet clean.
7. Place two zucchini patties in the same skillet over medium heat.
8. Top both with shredded cheese, then place two more zucchini patties on top to form two sandwiches. Cook until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes per side.
9. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Miyahsiro, L. (2017, April 19). Zucchini Grilled Cheese. Retrieved from Healthline: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a52458/zucchini-grilled-cheese-recipe/